VanLife is all the rage these days, but before investing to buy a van or an RV, have you ever thought about renting one for your next holiday? Whether you already love to camp or you’re looking for an alternative way to travel, you should definitely look into available options like RVezy when it comes to renting an RV for your upcoming summer vacation.
If you’re unsure about the whole process, Sophie and her boyfriend recently rented an RV through RVezy to visit family, bringing the camp life into their campervan. It was the perfect scratch for their travel bug itch, as they were also able to socially distance themselves along the way. Here’s what they had to say about their renting experience with RVezy and why you should do the same this summer:
What is RVezy?
RVezy is a platform that connects RV owners and RV renters. It’s like the Airbnb of RVs in the sense that you can see reviews of the owners. The great thing is that both parties are covered in the event of damage or accidents.
How much does it cost to use RVezy?
It’s free to sign up! And rental prices are cheaper than renting from an RV company or booking a car and hotel. You can find tons of options between $50 to $250 a night.
Where is RVezy available?
You can rent an RV everywhere in the USA and in every province in Canada.
5 Reasons Why You Should Rent an RV With Rvezy:
You’ll have full insurance coverage while renting. RVezy offers $2 million third-party liability, full collision and comprehensive, fire, theft, and physical damage. They also offer 24/7 roadside assistance.
You get all the benefits of travelling in an RV for a fraction of the cost of owning one. And you don’t have to store it, do any maintenance, or deal with any troubles that might arise.
Renting an RV through RVezy is cheaper than paying for a hotel plus the car. You have it all-in-one.
You can say goodbye to the hassles of finding a campground, pitching a tent, and hoping for good weather. You can choose the amenities you need, and you don’t need to worry about getting rained on.
When you travel by RV, you are completely independent. You don’t have to worry about picking up or sharing germs in shared camping toilets or elevators. You’ll have less (maybe even zero) contact with strangers during your trip.
What Kind of RV Rentals Can You Find on Rvezy?
- Travel Trailer
- Tent Trailer
- Fifth Wheel
- Micro Trailer
- Hybrid Trailer
- Class A Motorhome / Class B Motorhome/ Class C Motorhome
- CamperVan or Conversion Van
- Vintage Trailer
- Vintage Motorhome
How Does the RV Booking Process Work on Rvezy?
Step 1 – Plan your Trip
- Visit RVezy.com
- Input location and dates
- Select number of guests – adults, kids, pets (yes or no)
- Choose RV types (name them all)
- Select pick-up or delivery
Step 2 – Filter your Choices
- Select price range
- Choose your amenities
- Pick your RV specs
Step 3 – Select an RV and Request to Book
Be sure to read the details provided by the owners, what amenities are included, and the price breakdown. Always read all the reviews.
- Introduce yourself to the owner
- Explain where do you plan on taking the RV?
- Indicate what province/state do you live in?
- Describe which of the following most closely describes you? Newbie/Enthusiast/Expert
Step 4 – Check the Extras
- Choose your protection plan
- Opt for road assistance
- Choose your add-ons based on availability (sheets, camping chairs, BBQ, bicycle rack, etc.)
- Sign up with Facebook, Google, or email
Step 5 – Send your Booking Request
You should send multiple booking requests to increase the chance of securing an RV for the time you need it. You will then wait for a booking confirmation.
You’ve Booked Your RV With Rvezy! What’s Next? [FAQ]
What about payments?
- You pay online with your credit card, and RVezy applies a service fee percentage to the total rental amount.
- A security deposit of $1000 will be required 3 days before the start of the rental and will be refunded when the RV is returned, and the booking is closed out on the system.
How do you add a driver?
- After making the payment for your booking on RVezy, you will receive an email asking you to add a driver.
- You’ll need to fill out a driver’s application that includes pictures of the driver’s licence.
- As soon as you submit a driver application, you will be able to see whether it has been approved within a few minutes.
- The main driver needs to be at least 25 years old with a valid license and clean insurance record.
- You can add multiple drivers to a booking for free.
What can you expect before the trip starts?
- You will exchange messages with the owners and arrange to pick up the RV or have it delivered to your house or campsite.
- You will then meet the RV owner in person. Together, you will do a full tour of the unit with instructions. They’ll take pictures for insurance on the app. Then you’ll be required to sign.
- You will do a short test drive to get a feel for the RV dimensions and driving technique.
- In general, owners are really friendly with lots of experience, so feel free to ask them for tips and travel ideas.
What happens during the trip?
- Maybe you don’t remember how to use the generator or the shower heater. You can easily message the owner to get a walk-through of the issue.
- If you have problems on the road, Rvezy also offers 24/7 roadside assistance.
- You can relax knowing that you are covered by insurance.
What happens after the trip?
- When you bring back the RV, the owner will go over the return checklist and take pictures. You will be required to sign.
- The owner will give you a review, and you will review the RV and the owner as well.
- Once you have done your review, you will get back the security deposit.
- If you have incurred extra charges, for example, if you went over the included mileage, it will be taken out of your deposit.
What Are the Pros of Renting an RV Through Rvezy?
- Easy to use app and website.
- Cheaper than traditional RV rentals.
- Best customer service of any rental company we’ve spoken with.
- Huge selection of rental options across the US and Canada.
Booking your next RV through RVezy will offer you all flexibility you need. There are thousands of choices of RVs, campervans, and trailers and you can find exactly what you need based on your style and your activities.
What Are the Cons of Renting an RV Through Rvezy?
- Some owners do not put up enough pictures. If you’re interested, you could send the owner a message to ask them for more pictures.
- A $1000 deposit will be held on your credit card, so it can be limiting for some people. But it will be the same if you were renting through any other company.
“After such a positive experience renting through RVezy, we definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to experience the RV lifestyle!”
Final tip: If you want to save money on your next rental, make sure to calculate your mileage before the trip. If you do the math and find out that you will go over the maximum mileage, negotiate with the owner prior to the trip. This will save you from surprises. This tip can stretch your RV budget for future trips!