Like many other Canadians, my summer has been all about exploring our own backyard. This means taking advantage of lots of local adventures! I’ve chosen to live my life to the fullest, filling my calendar with Canadian road trips and outdoor activities.
The provinces are vast, and if you’ve ever gone on a cross-country road trip (as I have), you know the highway stretches can feel endless. A good cooler is a must! I recently discovered the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler, and it has been a gamechanger for long trips.
The YETI Roadie 24 is my favourite all-purpose solution for when I’m on the go. From boozy picnics to cruising the backroads with snacks, the YETI Roadie 24 is something I never forget to pack. It’s hard not to fall in love with it.
Generic coolers are so passé. They are either too heavy, too big, too small, too ugly, or the worst thing of all: too useless to keep your drinks cold. When I found out about the magical YETI cooler, I jumped at the opportunity to try it. It might be more expensive than the rest, but I felt confident investing in this sustainable cooler when I read the rave reviews.
About the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler
Are you dying to know what technical specs make the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler so great? Even if you weren’t wondering and simply want one for the street cred, let me explain the amazing features:
- It keeps ice cream cold for up to 5 days (yes!)
- It’s 10% lighter than other YETIs (yay for easy transport for those lacking in the bicep department.)
- It can hold 20% more supplies (more food, more drinks, what’s not to love?)
- It offers 30% improved thermal efficiency than the previous YETI model (in other words, your beer will stay cooler for longer.)
- It can easily slip it behind the driver’s seat for easy water access on the road (so you can save your cupholders for Starbucks.)
- And the most important thing of all: the new 13-inch height enables you to store a bottle of wine vertically!!! Hello, chilled rosé and 2L pop bottles for your gin and tonics!
The YETI Roadie 24 Cooler is lightweight yet sturdy and comes with strong hinge pins to prevent dropping or breaking. I love that it’s so reliable!
The YETI Roadie 24 cooler is best suited for:
- Solo road trips. It’s so easy to transport and carry on your own. Just plunk it behind your seat when you drive and reach back at any time for a quick bite to eat or drink. You can even open it with one hand!
- Romantic picnics with good wine. Despite all the delays on the 401, you’ll arrive at your destination with a perfectly chilled bottle, ready to be enjoyed with your partner. Say goodbye to hot car-baked wine forever.
- Trips with your friends. There is so much room for snacks, and the more, the merrier! This cooler promises uncrushed sandwiches and intact cakes for you and your besties.
© Emilie Robichaud / Nomad Junkies
What I Love Most About the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler
It allows you to make fewer stops on road trips!
Everyone knows refuelling stops are sometimes a waste of time. The YETI cooler allows you to optimize time on the road by keeping everything you need within arms reach and at the perfect temperature. Now you just have to stop to pee and take pictures!
It’s light to carry (even for non-gym-goers)
Coolers can be heavy, so I went without one for the longest time. Fortunately, the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler is really easy to transport. You don’t have to be jacked to carry this one!
It keeps ice in ice form for several days.
SEVERAL DAYS! Not hours, but DAYS. What is this sorcery? I love that I can now say yes to camping weekends and long road trips without worrying that my food will go bad.
It’s non-slip, and it stays in place.
If you want to travel across Canada, you don’t want your cooler to shift at every bend. I tested it in the back of my campervan, and I can assure you that the cooler doesn’t move an inch, no matter how sharp you turn. The non-slip grips on the bottom of the cooler completely prevent it from slipping.
It is ideal for those who love wine.
I love to drink a nice glass of chilled wine in the summertime. The YETI cooler delivers just what I crave after a day on the road, during a hike, or while enjoying a picnic (but not while driving, of course!) When I learned that the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler keeps wine bottles upright, my reaction was: Take my money! I need this in my life!
What Would Make the YETI Roadie 24 Cooler Better
There is no such thing as perfection, but I do have a small request:
- Add a drain plug to drain the water from the bottom. Having to dump your cooler when it’s full of supplies isn’t very practical.
If you love the sound of this YETI cooler, you will want to bring these other YETI accessories on your next road trip.
© Emilie Robichaud / Nomad Junkies
- The insulated wine tumbler (to accompany the bottles that fit in your YETI cooler)
- The Camino 35 tote bag (to keep your clothes and boots dry)
- The Crossroads backpack (to store all your travel gear)
- The Lowlands blanket (to spend your evenings outside without freezing)
A big thank you to YETI for introducing me to my new favourite piece of travel gear! Now I can drink my wine cold in the Rockies!
Where will your next road trip take you?
This article was originally published in French and adapted in English by Britney Claveau.