This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Nomad Junkies.
It’s no secret, we love YETI Canada products and how durable they are for life’s outdoor adventures. Yes, they can be expensive, but if you buy them once, you buy them for life. I often find myself splurging on new products and asking, “Is there anywhere these tough accessories can’t go?”
When I had the opportunity to do a YETI LoadOut GoBox 30 review, I jumped at the chance to test out what it could hold. First up: an ice fishing afternoon!
And let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
The YETI LoadOut GoBox will be your new best friend!
I thought my heart belonged to the YETI Camino Carryall 35 until I met the YETI LoadOut GoBox 30. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my tote bag for carrying essentials, but the LoadOut GoBox 30 is even better at keeping things dry, contained and organized. It’s virtually indestructible and rated for the cold temperatures we get in the Canadian north. As a bonus, it fits perfectly in a sled for easy transport.
With approximate overall dimensions of 37 x 28 x 52 cm, the LoadOut GoBox 30 is like a big toolbox and lunchbox combined. I was impressed with how neatly I could pack it with snacks and everything I needed for my first ice fishing attempt.
Disclaimer: The LoadOut GoBox 30 is not a cooler, although it does do a good job in the snow. If you want to guarantee cold food and drinks over several days in the heat, you’ll need the Tundra 45 Hard Cooler or the Roadie 24 Cooler, which we love!
You might also like: YETI Roadie 24: The Perfect Cooler For Your Next Road Trip
The best features of the YETI LoadOut GoBox (Review)
The YETI LoadOut GoBox 30 is sleek, durable and super easy to pack. I feel about it the way I feel about packing cubes or a good backpack: they simplify my travel life so much. I love packing everything I need into one case for the day.
Here are some of the features that won me over:
- 100% waterproof, dustproof and snowproof (the snow seems to melt away magically in the sunlight!)
- stackable (with a non-slip base for when you need to play Tetris in your car!)
- comfortable (yes, you can use it as a seat around the campfire or a place to eat your lunch!)
- easy to organize (3 fabric zippered compartments under the lid and two large hard compartments in the base with one removable caddy)
- portable (weighing 12 lbs empty, the case is easy to lift with strong side handles)
The smart design of the YETI LoadOut GoBox 30 made it easy to separate my gear from my snacks. I especially loved the multiple hidden compartments.
What can you use it for?
A creative mind can think of endless uses: A sewing box! A toolbox! An emergency supplies kit for your car! But what the YETI LoadOut GoBox 30 excels at is carrying your stuff during rugged outdoor activities.
The YETI LoadOut GoBox is best suited for:
- Weekend ATV trips. Imagine it filled with non-perishable food, tools and rain gear. The sides of the gear case have special slots for straps, so your precious cargo will remain secure and safe from the elements all weekend long.
- Camping/Canoe trips. Thanks to its waterproof shell, you can lug this carry case through the water. Once you get to your destination, you can camp in peace, knowing your maps, extra clothes, toilet paper, and flashlights will stay dry. Just be sure to skip the snacks, so you don’t attract bears!
- RV trips. This is the magical case to store all your kitchen supplies. Pack your plates and cutting boards in the zippered sections above and fill the bottom compartments with mugs, utensils, napkins, spices and more.
- Fishing trips. The hard case makes the ultimate tackle box with ample space for bait, lures, fishing line, sunscreen and hats. It even fits a 6-pack of tallboy beers!
What I love most about the YETI LoadOut GoBox
It’s easy to carry.
The strong handles are easy to grab, even if you wear thick mittens. You don’t need a lifting partner to tote it from A to B.
It is strap and lock compatible.
You can use it to store your valuables with peace of mind, knowing that you can strap it down and use a padlock to keep things secure.
It is easy to clean.
In case of a spill, all you need to do is take out the removable caddy and rinse out the bottom. The exterior is waterproof, so I wouldn’t hesitate to wash it down with the garden hose after a muddy camping trip.
The last thing you want is your gear to slip and slide around your trunk or truck bed while you’re driving. With hard plastic feet, the box is sure to stay in place no matter how topsy-turvy the roads get.
It’s super versatile.
Where can’t the LoadOut GoBox go? I can think of three places I want to take it this year. On a road trip? Yes, please! On a boat? Of course! To the beach? You bet! I’m so happy to finally have this fancy gear case in my life.
How the YETI LoadOut GoBox could be better
It wasn’t a dealbreaker, but I wish the case came with a top handle or strap. That way, you could carry it with one arm (if you’re feeling strong).
If you loved this YETI LoadOut GoBox Review, you’ll love all the other accessories offered by YETI Canada.
- The insulated wine tumbler (if you want to feel fancy at your campsite)
- The 1L Rambler water bottle with chug cap (to stay hydrated at the dock)
- The LoadOut 20L bucket (to hold all those fish you catch)
- The 3.7L Rambler jug (to keep your coffee hot while you wait for your friends)
- The Rambler 355mL Colster can insulator (to keep your beer cold in style)
Thank you YETI for inspiring my weekend plans. I can’t wait to pack for summer activities!